'Huevos Rotos' with Jamón Ibérico
"Huevos Rotos" (broken eggs) with Jamón Ibérico is a dish created by the famous restaurant "Casa Lucio" and has become a basic dish for tapas in Spain.
In addition to a good Iberian ham, it can also be accompanied with other ingredients such as Manchego cheese, chorizo or cod and, of course, always with crispy white bread.
Ingredients (for 4 guests)
- 4 fresh eggs.
- 3-4 potatoes for frying.
- 150g Jamón Ibérico, Jamón Serrano or Paleta (shoulder).
- Extra virgin olive oil.
- Crusty bread.
- Salt flakes (Fleur de Sel).
HUEVOS ROTOS WITH JAMÓN IBÉRICO STEP BY STEP
- Peel, wash and cut the potatoes. Add salt and fry them with plenty olive oil. When golden, remove them and drain on absorbent paper for a few minutes. Then place them on a flat plate.
- Fry the eggs over a medium heat with olive oil. Remove the eggs with the egg yolk still in liquid state and place them over the fried potatoes.
- Slice thinly the Ibérico ham, or you can also kept it already cut and vacuum-packed, so you can only use what you need. Place the Jamón over the eggs and potatoes.
- Add a little salt and cut a little the egg yolks before presenting them.
If you have come this far, it is because you are interested in Spanish cuisine or its culture. If you would like to learn other recipes, you can Subscribe to our Newsletter, through which we keep you informed every week. In our online shop you will find products such as Jamón Serrano, Jamón Pata Negra, products for the preparation of tapas and paellas, Olive Oil or Wines from several regions of the Iberian Peninsula.